Filtered water can be installed in a home either in a whole house filter system, which makes filtered water available from every tap in your home, or from point sources like sink and shower head filters. This filtered water is good for general uses like drinking water and showering, but also for uses like cooking and health purposes, especially removing toxins from the water. Some of the general results of filtered water are:
- Aesthetics � Filtered water from the tap is frequently better tasting and better smelling than unfiltered water. Many people don�t drink enough water because they just don�t like the taste and/or smell of it.
- Chlorine and chlorine byproducts � Filters remove chlorine and chlorine byproducts from the water, both of which have been shown to be harmful to human health over long periods of time.
- Toxins � Having a water filter on sources like a few taps or using whole house filters can be a last line of defense against over 2,100 toxins that can get into your water after it is filtered by your water provider.
- Lead � Water filters also remove lead in the water right before you receive it, reducing the risk that it will regain any of that lead before you drink it.
- Cost � Having filtered water come directly from the tap is much cheaper over time than buying bottle after bottle of water, where you�re paying for the plastic as well as the water inside.